The Anti Room podcast live (037, Oct 2012)

We’ve had many firsts at Banter the last 12 months so it’s time for another one. We’re delighted to welcomeThe Anti Room to the Twisted Pepper on October 24 for a live recording of their monthly podcast.

The Anti Room was founded in 2008 by four Dublin-based journalists and was the home of many Irish ladies writing about everything from fashion to feminism and pop culture to politics. In recent months, they’ve started podcasting (you can listen to or download the first two below) so we’re chuffed that they’ve accepted our invitation to take over Banter for the night and do a live recording.

Anti Room hosts Sinead Gleeson and Anna Carey will be joined on the night by Miriam O’CallaghanMaeve Higgins and Martina Devlin. Four subjects will be up for discussion and, as per the other podcasts, you can expect a mix of light and serious topics.

The details: the Anti Room podcast live takes place at the Twisted Pepper (Middle Abbey St., Dublin 1) on Wednesday October 24. Doors open at 7pm-ish and the recording gets underway at 7.30pm sharp (please note change of time for this one). Admission is free, but you need to be signed up to the invite list which you will find here.

The second Anti Room podcast (August 2012)

The first Anti Room podcast (July 2012)

Madonna’s Pop Lives (036, Oct 2012)

As part of the OneTwoOneTwo music documentary festival at the Lighthouse Cinema in Dublin, we’ll be hosting a bit of a Banter session.

Taking place prior to a screening of the In Bed With Madonna doc, Madonna’s Pop Lives will look at the various creative and stylistic changes, makeovers and shimmies the pop star’s pop star has carried off over the course of her career. We’ll also talk about which ones worked (and which ones didn’t) and wonder if Madonna is still capable of similar groundbreaking shapeshifting in the future.

From the 1980s….

…to infinity and beyond

The panel: Melanie Morris (editor, Image magazine), Panti (pub landlady and performer), Jennifer Gannon (State magazine and all-round pop champion) and John Sullivan (H2 Films and uber Madonna fan)

The details: Lighthouse Cinema, Saturday October 20, 6pm. Admission is free. In Bed With Madonna will be screened at 7.40pm.