Banter at Castlepalooza (139, July 2016)

We’re off to Castlepalooza in Tullamore, Co Offaly on Saturday for our debut appearance at the festival.

CkqyXwqWgAAknzQ

You’ll find Banter in the Big Blue tent behind the castle from 5pm to 8pm and our line-up is as follows:

5pm: A conversation with Tommy Tiernan

Tommy talks about this, that and the other. We listen. As simple as that.

7pm: A round with Steve Davis

You’ll know Steve Davis first and foremost as the most successful professional snooker player of the 1980s, winning a total of 28 major ranking events, including six World Championships. You’ll know him these days as a DJ and leftfield music champion, which is what brings him to Castlepalooza this weekend. We’ll talk snooker and music with Steve.

Tickets for Castlepalooza are available here.

Banter at Make A Move (138, July 2016)

A trip to Make A Move has become one of Banter’s favourite summer trips. Over the last few years, we’ve put on a range of talks and interviews at Limerick’s hip-hop and community arts festival including a 2012 discussion on the state of Irish hip-hopa 2014 pow-wow on the challenges around Limerick’s year in the spotlight as City of Culture and a superb aul’ chat with Kevin Barry last year (podcast here).

This year, we’re back in situ at the Shannow Rowing Club on Friday evening (July 1) for what we’re calling a music makers’ reality check – a series of insights and outsights from those deep in the game for those who want to get in the game but who don’t want to lose their heads. Our wise heads are John Lillis (Rusangano Family), Ciarán Ryan(Out On a Limb Records, radio documentary maker) and Nessa McGann (programme controller, Spin South West). Admission is free and we’ll kick off proceedings at 6pm. More information on what else is going on at Make A Move 2016 below

13501588_978896912230282_4683599355657213455_n