The Attention Economy (029, Apr 2012)

The last thing we expected when we were putting this panel together were insights on Proust, brothels, oranges, Ann Summers, FOMO, Buddhism and neuroscience when Banter considered the issue of The Attention Economy. But such were the twists and turns taken on the night by our panelists Michael Foley (author of the bestselling The Age Of Absurdity: Why Modern Life Makes It Hard to be Happy, and the forthcoming Embracing the Ordinary), Finian Murphy (consumer and media researcher) and Roisin Ingle (The Irish Times). Thanks too to those in the audience who poked us with questions on everything from Sky News to click activism.