Banter at Ballymaloe LitFest (109, May 2015)

It’s set to be a very busy summer for Banter on the festival circuit with events to come at Bloom in Dublin’s Phoenix Park on the June bank holiday weekend, Make A Move in Limerick in July and The Big Grill in Dublin’s Herbert Park in August.

We are delighted to kick off the season of festival shenanigans with a trip to Co Cork for the Ballymaloe LitFest next month. You’ll find Banter in the Garden Tent on Saturday May 16 and 17 where we’ll be hosting four panels in all

2013-05-05-21.11.08-1-612x408

The sweetest touch: food writer, author and former Chez Panisse pastry guru David Lebovitz adds sugar to the mix in a tale of desserts, puddings and afters

The GIY manifesto: a conversation with Michael Kelly about how he’s grown the GIY Ireland movement

So you want to start a food business?: Leon co-founder Allegra McEvedySarit Packer and Itamar Srulovich from Honey and Co and Arun Kapil from Green Saffron on the lessons they’ve learned from their start-ups

The best meal I’ve ever had: a bunch of Ballymaloe speakers wax lyrical about the best meal they’ve ever had

Banter will share the Garden Tent space with Joe McNamee’s Rants, Raves and Ruaille BuailleCaroline Hennessy’s Cookbook Chronicles, readings by David Murphy and Raymond Blake and a Questions & Answers Food Special with John Bowman and guests. You’ll find the full schedule for the Garden Tent here.

Meanwhile, the full schedule for the LitFest features all manner of food and drink speakers, talkers, makers and do-ers including Alice WatersJack MonroeKevin Thornton and dozens, nay hundreds, more. Full programme here.