Banter at Culture Night (175, Sep 2017)

As we did last year, Banter will join forces with RTÉ for a very special event as part of this year’s Culture Night on Friday September 22.

19366483_1387926974629337_7554237483339211905_n

Culture & Me will see 10 people from various backgrounds talking about the role of arts and culture in their lives and work. It could be a book, a film, an album, a piece of visual art or all of the above: we want to know about the art which turns them on – and why.

The Culture & Me cast is as follows

Paschal Donohoe – Minister for Finance and Public Expenditure

Emer Reynolds – film-maker, The Farthest

Michael Darragh MacAuley – Dublin GAA footballer

Philly McMahon – theatre-maker, Thisispopbaby, Riot etc

Darach Ó Séaghdha – The Irish For and the Motherfoclóir book and podcast

Ronan Brady – physical artist, performer and former Roscomon footballer

Ellie Kisyombe – Our Table activist

Marty Morrissey – RTÉ reporter, commentator and broadcaster

Sinéad Ní Uallachain – Raidió na Gaeltachta broadcaster

Culture & Me takes place in The Coach House in Dublin Castle between 7 and 9pm. Admission is free and limited tickets can be booked in advance here. Thanks to Rachel Breslin and her team at RTE and Banter producer Jack Gibson for their help with this event.