Banter at CultureTECH, Derry (059, Sep 2013)

One of the big highlights of Banter 2013 was our trip toĀ Derry back in February as part ofĀ Other Voicesā€™Ā trip to the currentĀ UK City of Culture. The city was buzzing and rocking and we had a great time,Ā so itā€™s fantastic to be heading back to Derry in a few weeksā€™ time for a run of Banters atĀ CultureTECH.

The best and most apt word to describe the CultureTECH programme isĀ massive. From September 9 to 15, the epic festival of technology, music, media and arts will feature over 100 different events and sessions. As they say themselves, this ā€œbig messy weekā€ is ā€œa gathering of interesting people ā€“ doing interesting things ā€“ who all want to learn, share and have a blastā€. It sounds like our sort of week.

Banter at CultureTECH will star:

Fiona McAnenaĀ fromĀ ClearhoundĀ on nudge theory, behavioural economics, the art of hidden persuasion and how governments can coax us to insulate our attics.

Fred Bolza, Vice President Creative Group Sony Music UK, on the music businessā€™ relationship with innovation

Sam McGregorĀ fromĀ Signature BrewĀ on some new takes on music merchandising

Dude, whereā€™s my audience?:Ā Jay OndaĀ (NTT DOCOMO),Ā Wilson KriegelĀ (Paltalk and ex-OMGPOP) andĀ Aaron TaylorĀ (GoPrezzo) on recalibrating your business model to engage with audiences who now reside on a plethora of platforms

David Emery, formerly Head of Marketing forĀ Beggars GroupĀ and now Marketing Director atĀ Kobalt Label Services, on the art and business of music marketing

The view from CERN: a conversation withĀ Steve Myers, Head of Accelerators atĀ CERN

A year in the life of a music startup:Ā Brendan Oā€™DriscollĀ fromĀ SoundwaveĀ on his crazy year

In the frame: legendary music photographerĀ Michael Spencer JonesĀ on his craft

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URyRZuPhk7A

Cellist and composerĀ Peter GregsonĀ on music, projects and theĀ Electric Creative Colab

Something good: dance legendsĀ Utah SaintsĀ on their life in music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUxhNWDlGts

Mobile musicā€™s big beasts:Ā Adam PerryĀ (BandApp,Ā Bloodhound Gang),Ā Colin DoranĀ (BandApp,Ā Hundred Reasons) andĀ Stephen Oā€™ReillyĀ (Mobile Roadie,Ā Topspin Media) talk the talk about apps for musicians

There may be one or two more additions to the Banter programme before we kick off.

Banter at CultureTECH will take place on Thursday September 12 (Legenderry Warehouse, Guildhall Square, 3-6pm), Friday September 13 (Nerve Centre, Magazine St., 3-6pm) and Saturday September 14 (a pop-up event somewhere on the Derry City Walls, 3-5pm). Admission to all Banter events at CultureTECH will be free, but room capacity is limited so you should get there in plenty of time. Hopefully, weā€™ll see some of you in Derry.