Banter at Litfest 2017 (164, May 2017)

It’s the three in a row for Banter at the Ballymaloe LitFest of Food & Wine. As we did in 2015 and 2016, we take up position in the garden tent at Ballymaloe on May 20 and 21 and bring along some colourful characters and interesting folks for you to meet.
IMG_2123

 What’s on the Chef’s Table? (noon)

Brian McGinn, the director and executive producer of the Emmy-nominated and award-winning Netflix show Chef’s Table, on how to produce a food show for the ages.

The food investigator (3pm)

A conversation with Sheila Dillon, award-winning presenter of BBC Radio 4’s The Food Programme, about what it takes to find out what makes it into our food.

Sunday May 21

Food for good (noon)

Michelle Darmody and Ellie Kisyombe from Our Table’s guide to how a food business can make real social and economic change.

Our friend from Lithuania (3pm)

A conversation with Lithuania’s European Commissioner Vytenis Andriukaitis about Europe, Lithuania, heart surgery, the post-Soviet age, food, Brexit, the future and why Nigel Farage is a numptie.