Banter at Other Voices (203, Dec 2018)

Hello Dingle! As we’ve done (deep breath) in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017, Banter heads to the Kingdom for Other Voices. Hot take: this means we’ve been in Kerry more often than Sam Maguire in the last few years.

Anyway, as always, we’ll take over the back-room of Foxy John’s in downtown Dingle for the weekend. There, we will be joined by a fine cast of talkers, makers, activists, do-ers and players for some conversations and music by the fire. We’ll be open for business from 2pm to 6pm on Saturday December 1st and from 1pm to 6pm on Sunday December 2nd. We’d like to say GRMA to the good people at Foxy’s and all at Other Voices for putting with us over the last few years.

OV-Dingle2018–banter-Instagram-Feed-01

Here’s who we have joining us this year

Tony Connelly – the only man in Europe who knows what the hell is going on with Brexit before it happens. RTÉ’s Europe Editor, author Brexit & Ireland and co-presenter of the Brexit Republic Podcast

Carole Cadwalladr – we’re delighted to welcome The Observer reporter and 2018 Orwell Prize recipient to Banter to tell us about what happened when she decided to do some digging into Vote Leave, the Brexit referendum, Aaron Banks, Nigel Farrage, Cambridge Analytica and other characters.

Annie Mac – raving we’re raving with the BBC Radio One queenpin and Other Voices presenter.

Pat Collins – a conversation about all kinds of things with the film-maker behind such sublime works as Song Of Granite, Silence, Living In A Coded Land and many, many others

Michael Keegan-Dolan – the man from Teac Damsa talks dance, theatre, Swan Lake (Loch na hEala) and everything in-between.

Ellen Coyne – the Times Ireland senior reporter is one of our favourite journalists and winner of the Political Story Of the Year at the 2017 Journalism Awards.

Maeve O’Rourke – a welcome return to Banter for the human rights lawyer, senior research and policy officer for the Irish Council for Civil Liberties and legal adviser to the Justice for Magdalenes Research and the Clann Project

Amy O’Connor – the awesome journalist behind a rake of your favourite stories joins us to review the year in pop culture and everything else

Alison Spittle – the funniest person in Dingle this weekend

Music acts to be added shortly

Please note that venue capacity is limited so get there early if you want to join us