Banter at the Kinsale Arts Festival (052, July 2013)

It’s time for Banter to hit the road. We’ve a couple of summer specials on the schedule and the season starts at the Kinsale Arts Festival on Saturday July 13.There will be four Banter sessions at the festival on the day in different venues around the town with special musical guests performing at each Banter. Details of venues and acts will only be announced on the day so follow the festival on Twitter and Facebook for announcements.

Cork = Rock: join Ashley Keating (Frank & Walters, Red FM, FIFA Records),Brendan Canty (Feel Good Lost) and Stevie Grainger (Red FM, The Pavilion) as they talk about Cork’s music now and then.

Bruce Springsteen and Ireland: seeing as The Boss is heading to Ireland this month to play to 140,000 fans all over the country, Springsteen aficionados Lilian Smith (RTE Radio One), Eamon Sweeney (Irish Independent) and Harry Browne(journalist, lecturer and author) discuss his appeal.

Meet the CuratorsFiona Kearney (Glucksman Gallery) and Claire Power(Temple Bar Gallery and Studios) discuss the art of the curator and gallery director.

State of the Books NationSiobhan Mannion (RTÉ Radio One The Book On One),Eoin Purcell (New Island Books) and Eithne Shortall (The Sunday Times) gauge the health of the books nation.

More information on what else is happening in Kinsale during the festival – including afternoon tea with Darina and Rachel Allen, a reading by City of Bohane author Kevin Barry, quips from Maeve Higgins and performances from DJ Kormac, Daithi, Wyvern Lingo, Donal Lunny, Little Bear and many more – here.

And we’ll be announcing details next week of what we have planned for Banter at the Kilkenny Arts Festival in August.