Bantercast 132: Online Behaviour

The Journalโ€™s Aoife Barry, writer and podcaster Ellen Tannam, DJ and writer Conor Behan and senior clinical psychologist Mark Smyth joined us at Banter recently for an enthralling conversation about online behaviour. The question for our panel was just why negative comments, offensive remarks and downright nasty and abusive reactions have become the norm in our social media timelines. Our four panelists came up with some great theories and ideas about why this is so – and what can be done to change this state of affairs.