Bantercast 15: Fr Peter McVerry

Taken from the fourth installment in our Living for the City series, Banter was delighted to welcome Fr Peter McVerry for an indepth conversation on his life and work last January. The latest freeman of Dublin has been working with the city’s young homeless for more than 30 years. During this time he has campaigned tirelessly for the rights of these young people, opening a hostel for the young homeless in 1979. Our interview features Peter talking about how his early life, his move to Dublin, his anger at what he sees at neglect  of our fellow citizens and how he sees his role today.