Bantercast 20 Other Voices: The Gloaming

A special Banter, as we salute the band of 2014 so far, namely the Irish-American trad supergroup The Gloaming with interviews with two of its members.

First, recorded at the Nerve Centre in Derry in February during our visit with Other Voices, we hear from Martin Hayes, the east Clare fiddler who is one of the most influential and inspirational musicians of his geneation.

Then, it’s the turn of his fellow fiddler and bandmate Caoimhín O Raghallaigh. Recorded at Other Voices in London last year, we talk to Caoimhín about his approach to trad, his work with bands like The Gloaming, This Is How We Fly and Triúr and, bonus feature, we also hear a few tunes from him as well.