Bantercast 76 Other Voices: Dónal Lunny

We’re joined this week by a bona-fide musical legend. Since the late 1960s, Dónal Lunny has played a pivotal role in the development and evolution of Irish music with Planxty, The Bothy Band, Moving Hearts, Mozaik, LAPD and dozens, probably hundreds, of other collaborations, projects, releases and tours. He continues to be as prolific today as he ever was, both as a solo artist and with groups like Usher’s Island. We were honoured that he joined us at Other Voices in Dingle for a conversation about his life and work, a Banter illuminated and illustrated by some tunes along the way, including a couple with Other Voices big kahoona Philip King.