Trump vs Clinton (147, Sep 2016)

If you’d predicted a year ago that we’d see Donald Trump lining up against Hillary Clinton in the battle for the White House, few would have taken your prediction seriously. But after a bruising primary campaign where the expression “you couldn’t make this up” was overused on a weekly basis, that’s where we’re at: it’s Trump representing the Republican Party and Clinton standing for the Democrats.

Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump are tightening their grips on the Democratic and Republican presidential nominations.

Ahead of the business end of deciding who will get to be the next president of the United States, Banter has brought together some interested observers to discuss the themes which have emerged so far, the issues which will decide this race, the strengths and weaknesses of the two candidates and how the rest of the campaign might well shake out.

Banter’s US Presidential panel: Carole Coleman (RTE reporter and the station’s former Washington correspondent), Dr Karen Devine (International Relations, School of Law & Government, DCU) and TJ Mulloy (Chair of Democrats Abroad Ireland).

The details: this discussion will take place at Wigwam (Middle Abbey St., Dublin 1) on Tuesday September 20. Doors open at 6pm and polliing gets underway at 6.30pm followed by an audience Q&A. Tickets can be reserved here.