Doing It Differently (045, Feb 2013)

It’s time to Cork. We’ve been meaning to do some Bantering in the southern capital for quite some time so it’s awesome to finally get it together.

The topic for our debut in the city is Doing It Differently, a chance to talk to people who are actively out there doing stuff and doing it with a twist. The overall Irish narrative right now may be about economic doom and gloom, but there are splashes of colour in the midst of all that. And it’s those splashes of colour and people who are not just sitting back fuming amd moaning that we’re keen to highlight.

The bright sparks: James Whelton (CoderDojo), Niamh O’Mahony (journalist, former board member of FORAS and Cork City FC and project manager of an EC-funded Improving Football Governance project in Ireland), Mary Nally (Drop Everything) and Mark Carry (Fractured Air).

Cat Power illustration by Craig Carry from Fractured Air

The details: Doing It Differently will take place at The Pavilion (Carey’s Lane), Cork on Saturday February 16. Doors open at 1.30pm and the Bantering gets underway at 2pm sharp. Admission is free, but you need to be signed up to the invite list which you will find here.

Huge thanks to Joe Kelly at the Pavilion for his help in setting this up.