Hey! What’s wrong with EU? (199, Sep 2018)

An array of evolving dramas have ensured that the EU and its fate have not left daily discourse in a long time. Structural instability, member states eroding the rule of law and the persistence of populism and farright rhetoric are among the many forces which have undermined certainties citizens have taken for granted for a generation. And look, we didn’t even mention Brexit.

Hey! What's Wrong With EU_ (1)

Banter wants to ask how much do we actually know about the European project and what currently ails it?

Helping us to answer that question will be Deike Potzel (German Ambassador to Ireland), Hannah Deasy (Communications Director at the Institute of International and European Affairs), Dr Karen Devine (Lecturer in International Relations & EU politics at DCU) and Jack Good (Paddy Wants To Know Brexit podcast).

The details: Banter on the EU will be held at The Liquor Rooms (Wellington Quay, Dublin 2) on Tuesday September 25. Doors open at 6pm and the discussion begins at 6.30pm-ish. Tickets are now available here and all proceeds from the event will go to Dublin Rape Crisis Centre.