It’s A Man’s World (046, Feb 2013)

The impetus for this Banter comes from our recent adventures with The Anti Room podcast. We invited Sinead Gleeson and Anna Carey and their guests to host a live recording of their podcast about feminist issues at Banter last October and it was such a success that we invited them back last month to do another one.

But it also got us thinking about why we never hear men’s issues discussed so openly and freshly in the same way. We also wondered why when it comes to men’s issues that the same tired, boring voices and agendas always hold sway. It’s A Man’s World will look at what it means to be a man in Ireland today, why men don’t talk about issues which affect them and the huge benefits of actually discussing this kind of stuff.

The lads: Sean Moncrieff (Newstalk), John Buckley (SpunOut), John Evoy (founder Irish Men’s Sheds Association) and Damien Mulley (Mulley Communications and a zillion other things).

The details: It’s A Man’s World will take place at the Twisted Pepper (Middle Abbey Street), Dublin on Tuesday February 26. Doors open at 7.30pm and the Bantering gets underway at 8pm sharp. Admission is free, but you need to be signed up to the invite list which you will find here.

Big thanks to Banter kitchen cabinet dude Finian Murphy for the initial idea.

Comments are closed.