Meet the Blow-Ins (207, March 2019)

Massive thanks to Pete and his team at the Imagine Festival of Politics & Ideas for the invite to come to Belfast again. This is happening on the day after Brexit comes into effect so who knows what will happen?

Meet the Blow-Ins is a night for those from outside the city as we ask if Belfast is a good place for culchies and other blow-ins from beyond the city walls.

Our panel of city slickers and blow-ins will look at how Belfast and the blow-ins get along – or not, as the case may be. For example, just how welcoming is the city for culchies and others who don’t hail from here? Will they ever feel at home in this city? Do rural students deserve the bad press they get? What’s wrong with wearing GAA jerseys in public anyway?

Our panellists on this occasion will be Lynette Fay, Amanda Ferguson, and Allison Morris.

The event will take place at Pug Uglys (Bedford St.) Belfast on Saturday March 30 from 7.30pm. Tickets are available here and you can also check out the full action-packed festival programme.