Bantercast 86: Syria

It’s five years since civil war broke out in Syria. In those five years, hundreds of thousands of Syrian people have been killed and millions more have been displaced in the brutal conflict between Assad and those opposed to his rule. We were joined at Banter by GOAL‘s chief executive Barry Andrews,  Médecins Sans Frontières Ireland director Jane-Ann McKenna and travel writer and author of My Home is Your Home: A Journey round Syria Mary Russell to talk about the human and cultural cost of the conflict to date.