Banter at Culture Night (146, Sep 2016)

It’s the first time that we’ve put on a Banter event in Dublin as part of Culture Night and it’s all thanks to the good folks at RTÉ Radio One and the Ireland 2016 Centenary Programme who’ve invited us along to take part in their event at Dublin Castle.

Presented by RTÉ in partnership with the Ireland 2016 Centenary ProgrammeDublin City Council and the Office of Public Works, the Culture Night with RTÉ programme will see Dublin Castle transformed for one night only with live music, theatre and spoken word events throuhgout its historic rooms and outdoor spaces.

In the case of Banter, we’ll be hosting a discussion in the Conference Centre at 8.10pm on what an Irish revolution would look like in 2016 with Una Mullally (The Irish Times), Lois Kapila (co-founder and managing editor Dublin Inquirer), Blindboy Boatclub (The Rubberbandits) and Dr John Gibney (TCD School of History author, historian and Glasnevin Trust Assistant Professor in Public History and Cultural Heritage). Admission is free and you can register for tickets here.